Geovision Fully Clean Up & Uninstall all Geovision Main System Software and Drivers-completely uninstall geovision
completely uninstall geovision
Often times when we want to upgrade our surveillance software from version 8.20 to 8.33, we are plagued with post-install green screens, the dreaded “Can’t Find Key Pro Errors”, or even repeated restarts of the Geovision surveillance system. All of these errors can be remedied by a thorough cleaning of any and all Geovision related softwares on the main PC.
1. In order to begin, we need to first completely shut down any open Geovision applications. See below for a list of all possible Geovision applications that may be open. The most common applications are shown in bold. To kill these processes, just bring up the task manager and find the corresponding applications and “End Task” them in the Processes tab.
8k211k.exe AudioServer.exe AVIRepairAPI.exe BcastIpx.exe BWCtrlServer.exe CCServer.exe CCSetup.exe CMSvr.exe DMAT.exe DMBackUp500.exe dmClip.exe DMHealthSvr.exe DMMailServer.exe DMMcast.exe DMMerge.exe DMModem.exe DMWebCam.exe eMap.exe eMapView.exe EZRepairLog500.exe EZSyslog.exe EZViewLog500.exe GeoBackupSvr.exe GVXXX.exe <<—Your Geovision Version GvKeyTest.exe GVLoader.exe mcamctrl.exe RemotePassClient.exe RepairLog500.exe RepairMdb.exe RPBSvr.exe Syslog.exe TCPSvr.exe TwinServer.exe ViewLog.exe ViewLog500.exe VLSvr.exe VSMClient.exe WebCamServer.exe GvAviToExe.exe
2. Open up the Device Manager, (can be found by right-clicking on “My Computer” icon and selecting “Manage”, and then selecting “Device Manager” on the left.
3. Open up the tab “DVR-Devices” and you should see from either (1) to (8) device drivers. In the following example, there is only 1 driver, since we only have (1) GV-1120, or GV-1240, or GV-1480 installed. If we have a GV-800, we should have seen 4 Video drivers and 4 Audio Drivers. GV-650? 2 of each. GV-600? 1 of each. Right click and choose “Uninstall” for each of those drivers. If the box asks to “Delete the driver software for this device.” then select it and click on OK to uninstall that particular driver. Note: If our system was stacking two cards together. we may see duplicates, such as two rows of “GV1480A/GV1240A/GV1248A/GV1120A/GV1008” drivers.
4. In addition to the drivers listed in the step above, if we have some kind of POS capture device installed or PTZ Controller set up, we should also check the section under Ports (COM & LPT) and look for Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port and right click and Uninstall those as well. Close the Device Manager when all the Geovision related drivers have been uninstalled.
5. Next, open up a Command Prompt (can be found by typing Start > Run > “cmd”) and type in the following commands in red, line by line. If any errors occur, please check if (1) Any and all open Geovision applications listed in Step 1 are closed, (2) we have Administrator level access to the system (3) the commands are typed correctly as shown. Note: If we encounter any messages such as Could not Find C:XXXXXXXXXXXXX, that just means those set of drivers don’t exist on our system. In other words, we can ignore that error.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:Usersuser>cd windowsinf C:Windowsinf>del oem*.* /F C:Windowsinf>cd.. C:Windows>del geo*.ini /F C:Windows>del gv*.ini /F C:Windows>cd system32drivers C:WindowsSystem32drivers>del GV*.sys /F C:WindowsSystem32drivers>del AGV*.sys /F Could Not Find C:WindowsSystem32driversAGV*.sys C:WindowsSystem32drivers>exit
6. Then, next to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (or Uninstall a Program) and find either “Multicam Surveillance System”, “Geovision Digital Surveillance System” or “GVXXX”. Select either one of the possibilities and choose “Uninstall”. If we see any other GeoVision Codecs listed below, it is also safe to remove those as well.
completely uninstall geovision
7. Next, go to My Computer > C: Drive and find any folder that contains the name of your capture card i.e. “GV-XXX” or “GVXXX” or “Multicam”. Right-click on that folder and choose “Delete.” Confirm the deletion.
8. Finally, go to the desktop and right click on “Recycle Bin” and choose “Empty Recycle Bin”. After this step, we have completed the uninstall process we have entirely removed all the essential Geovision drivers and applications from our system.
9. We should Restart our PC afterwards, to make sure Windows refreshes any/all memory corruption erros.