How to Setup the VCA function on your Platinum HD-TVI DVR
How to Setup the VCA Function on your Platinum HD-TVI DVR
- Go to your DVR and go to the Main Menu at the bottom left of your screen.
- Then select CAMERA. Under CAMERA there is an option for VCA. Let’s click on that.
- Select the Camera you want for VCA.
- Select the Type and select Line Crossing.
- You will need to check the box to enable the VCA function.
- Make sure you select Line 1 to create the first line.
- In certain situations, you may want to add additional lines, and this will allow you to make up to 4 different lines.
- Choose the direction you want the line crossing to register.
- Either A to B side. B to A side, or both direction of A and B. A will either be on the left side or on the top. B will either be on the right side or on the bottom.
- There is an icon on the bottom left that looks like a Line. Click on it and you can create your lines in blue.
- To draw a line, make sure you click at two separate points, and the line will automatically connect the 2 points. Try to avoid click and dragging.
- If you want to redo the line or clear the screen of the line, simply click the right icon, and it will reset your line.
- There are triggers you can setup if you select the Settings icon here.
- You are able to set triggers for which channel and what time of day the trigger will go off.
- Under Linkage action, there are 5 options available to you. There is Full Screen monitoring, Audible Warning, Notify a Surveillance Center, Send Email, and Trigger Alarm Output.
- You have successfully setup a Line Crossing.
- Go back to the Main Menu at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select CAMERA, click on VCA again, and then Intrusion Detection.
- Select the Camera you want and check the enabled box if not already.
- You are able to create up to 4 Intrusion regions in blue. For now, select Region 1
- There are 3 icons below. Select the left icon in order to make your region for intrusion detection.
- Similar to line crossing, but this time select 4 corners or make 4 clicks to create your box or quadrant you want your intrusion detection to trigger when someone enters.
- If you made a mistake and want to start over, simply click the right icon to clear the screen.
- Once you are done, click on Apply.
- You have now successfully setup Intrusion Detection.
For Video Retrieval and Playback
- Download Video from the HD-TVI DVR. Find the Date you want to see first.
- Click Download video icon.
- Click Search, then select the time you want. Click Download.
- Locate and Find out the Download file.
- Download and Open VSPlayer.
- Drag and Drop the Video file into the VSPlayer.
**Please check to see if your device is compatible with VCA and has the latest firmware update installed. Depending on your model, you can create 1-4 lines and 1-4 regions. LTS Platinum HD-TVI DVRs can only support 1-channel VCA. Threshold Range for time of an object loitering in the region [0-10s]. Sensitivity Range for size of the object, which can trigger the alarm [0-100]. The higher the sensitivity, the smaller the objects can be when triggering the alarm. Percentage Range for the ratio of the in-region [0-100].